SafeTeensOnline is working with school boards to increase awareness and interest in online safety in K-12 classrooms. Our Policy Agenda outlines five recommendations designed to increase student’s participation in safe digital practices.
- Participate in Safeteens comprehensive survey to understand the needs and tools to raise a digitally secure generation.
- Add meaningful and relevant awareness education and tech know-how to all middle and High Schools.
- Make schools adopt cyber scholar programs and tie that to the school-ready index by providing tomorrow’s cyber professionals.
- Fund cyber awareness training within professional development.
- Add Cybersecurity career path to career technical education programs in the schools.
WE ARE WORKING WITH LEGISLATORS ACROSS THE COUNTRY
SafeTeensOnline continues to work with state policymakers on legislative solutions to close the technology gap in K-12 computer science classrooms. We worked with state legislatures and schools’ boards across PA and NJ to adopt a digital safety curriculum while promoting careers in cybersecurity.
Various national programs supporting careers in cybersecurity