Congratulations, and welcome to SafeTeens Online! We are pleased that you have chosen to work, grow and learn with us. We know there is a lot of information to process when starting as an Ambassador for SafeTeens Online. `As you get up the learning curve, use this page as a ready reference and checklist:
Step 1: Ice Breaker
Announce and socialize the mission and vision of SafeTeens at your school.
- If you haven’t already connected with us, please complete the ambassador application form:
- Reach out to your school mentor ( Teacher/Principal/Guidance
counselor/mentor) and express your interest in starting the
- We can walk you through our program and give you slides that you can share with your mentor.
Step 2: Safe Teens Online Survey for Middle & Upper Schoolers
Once you have buy-in then reach out to Safe Teens team to create a school specific survey to understand the baseline
cybersecurity awareness at your school.
- Baseline student knowledge and concerns through SafeTeensOnline survey.
- Safe Teens Online analyzes, summarizes and presents results with school faculty advisors, and student leaders
- Faculty advisor designates school assembly for student leaders to share survey results. This school assembly doubles up as a membership drive.
- Recruit members:
a. Faculty advisor / Student Leadership sends out interest forms to middle and upper school to help identify students
who want to participate in the program
b. School sends middle and upper school parents a one-pager describing the program, and requesting them to speak to their kids about it, resulting in expressing interest
c. We have seen schools incorporate it into their school spirit activities, weave it into their inter-house competition schedule, etc
Step 3: First Club Meeting
- Safe Teens Online provides training videos and portal access (Lesson topics, lesson plans, best practices and various articles related to various cy犀利士
ber security topics) for faculty advisors and student leaders.
- Safe Teens Online provides access to the education portal and allows schools/clubs to manage the club activity.
- Safe Teens Online point-person is identified along with backup to ensure the school’s and students’ questions are answered in a timely fashion.
- Faculty advisors / student leaders upload member list to Safe Teens Online portal for access, information sharing and club activities.
- Faculty Advisors / student leaders choose 3 topics for the first quarter of club activities and add to custom curriculum
It’s that simple 1-2-3. Let’s get started.